Tuesday, September 26, 2006

California Dreamin'

I'm down in San Diego this week. It's GREAT to be back home in California! :D Flew down here Sunday evening. Got to the airport to check in only to discover that the flight is delayed an hour. So I'm waiting in line to do check in at the kiosks. I'm about the sixth person in line & two kiosks open up. And the people at the front of the line just stand there, waiting for a ticket agent to tell them they can use the machine! HELLO!! Why can't people take initiative?? Why must people be held by the hand all the time? All this was around 16:50. Then this guy walks up who's supposed to be on the 17:20 flight to Denver. He starts fussing that because he has to stand in line he's going to miss his flight. Hmmm. Were you aware of the Code Orange security level, sir? This isn't 1996 when you could waltz in at close to the last minute & get on your plane. It's 2006 where you need to have checked any bags at least 45 minutes before the departing flight time. Anyways, I go through security & sit down on the floor with my back against a post & start reading. Right after the delayed plane finally arrived & passengers begin deplaning, someone kicks the bottom of my feet. I look up & it's none other than Doug Batchelor! He & other Amazing Facts people had been on our delayed plane from Chicago due to mechanical issues. He'd had finished the MAP series at Andrews University the night before & was returning home. So we chatted for a little while before he & his family went to retrieve luggage.
After finally getting down to Southern CA, I went to get my rental car. Got to the full-size car section & found a Mustang. Sweet! I didn't even bother taking a closer look at anything else in the row. Snagged this one. It's nice to get a car that responds when you step on the gas.

I'm working on my Alaska pics. I'll have those up within the next day or two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home