Monday, October 16, 2006

New England still on my mind

I spent the final day of my week in New England in Connecticut. Since it's further south than Vermont and New Hampshire, the fall foliage wasn't quite as colorful as its northern neighbors. Even so, it was still great to drive around off the beaten track. Following is a smattering of pics from the places I enjoyed...

Here's what the countryside looks like in CT. I took this picture in the middle of an apple orchard, one of those pick-your-own kind. The farm also had a pumpkin patch where you picked-your-own as well. I drove past some absolutely gorgeous stone homes in this area. Many were situated on bluffs overlooking valleys. And these weren't small homes either. More like villas in my book.




Wadsworth Falls at Wadsworth Falls State Park near Meridian, CT. As I wandered around the south central part of CT, it was facinating to meander through towns which touted incorporation dates such as 1691, 1708, etc. Some of these places are just plain old, relatively speaking. Compared to other parts of the world, such dates are relatively recent. But for this country, it was back when Dino was a pup!






"What are you looking at? You don't think I fit in?"...Found a bunch of honkers by a pond. Several other wannabe honkers were trying to be part of the crowd.












I originally found this little lizard/gecko/whatever-you-want-to-call-it trying to cross a road. So I stopped to take a picture and wondered why it wasn't moving. I touched it and discovered that the poor thing was as cold as the outside temperature! No wonder it couldn't move very quickly. So I picked it up and put it on the side of the road or else it would've become roadkill.





A public watershed in Hubbard Park, not-sure-where, Connecticut. I arrived at the park, this being the last stop on a scenic drive I found, only to discover that the road leading to the top of the hill in the background had closed for the day 30 minutes before I got there...DOH!!




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...my home state...it's so beautiful...I am going to miss the foilage since I won't be up that far north until Nov. But Maryland has it's own verison.

Anyway...hope all is well.

07:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home