Monday, November 13, 2006

The latest musings...

Well, well...where have I been lately? After Chicagoland, I spent the weekend with some friends around the lake in Berrien Springs, MI. It was very nice to see them all again and spend time together. After the weekend, I continued my journey eastward to Detroit. I don't have any pictures because there really wasn't anything worth photographing this go-around. If you dig in my past postings from a year ago, you'd find some pics from the Henry Ford museum. And some wacky weather, let me tell you. The beginning of the week was nice and balmy...low 60s. Then on Thursday, I went out to my car only to find it was snowing...all the live-long day! Ugghhh!! There'd be periods of time when it slowly fell to the ground. Other times, the wind would pick up and I felt like I was in a snowglobe. I kept thinking to myself that'd I'd better 1)make it to the airport in time, and 2) my plane had better not be delayed! Fortunately, all went well. Traffic was backing up on the other side of the freeway. It's amazing how quickly one's blood thins when living in more temperate climate zones.

Last week was the first time I was in Orlando since I'd left the end of August. Nothing really new there! Once again, the weather followed me. Tuesday evening brought some nasty rain which made driving lots of fun. The next day I was told that there had been a tornado warning the evening before. Nice. Next time, remind me to listen to weather updates on the radio. While in Orlando, I had the opportunity to visit some friends and also get my hair done. You know, it's the autumn season so I must alter the highlights of my hair and go with warmer tones. It's all about color coordination. So, yeah...I live in CA, but my hairdresser is in FL. Why be like everyone else?

Since the last I rambled, we had a change of rabblerousers in the DC beltway. You thought this election was ugly? Wait two more years. The amount of dollars that will be spent will surpass any other election. There's also the notion that just because power has shifted doesn't mean it'll stay that way. The donkeys are in really only because folk were tired of what's been happening the past several years, not because the donkeys had plan that was better or offered real solutions. The elephants let too much go to their heads and kinda lost touch with the folk out in timbuktu. Losing 2800 GIs with no end in sight didn't sit very well either. But that's a horse of a different color. Madame Speaker-to-be will make history as the most powerful female politician, second in line for the presidency. Hope you haven't forgotten American Government class. The Speaker of the House is next in line after the VP. And you thought Condi Rice was the most powerful. She was, as fourth in line, should dubya go out to pasture, but Madeleine Albright held that position during the Clinton Administration, so Rice hasn't made any history in that regard. I voted...did you?

Wedding plans are coming along. However, let me throw out the fair warning...I have no intention of a large wedding, or even a medium-sized wedding. If you do not get an invitation, please don't feel slighted...no one else did either. If you want my opinion about weddings, I'll be happy to share...just ask.

I'm not in any exciting place this week either, but more on that later. Can you believe it's Thanksgiving next week? I plan to do a little better on the celebrating this year. Last year, I spent the whole day cleaning and organizing my apartment. How fun is that? NOT!! Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? Do share them with me!

I'm going to double my workouts each evening in preparation of next week. This is to prevent the inevitable waddling the occurs after I roll off my chair and away from the table. And while I'm down on the floor trying to get up, I'll look for the buttons that popped off my pants and blouse during dinner... ;-) j/k...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jennifer on your engagement and pending marriage! What a delight to hear the news! I had to laugh when I read about a small wedding .....it brought back memories of my own. Your Uncle Randy and I spent less than $500 on ours and that included my dress and flowers! And we loved it! So, your family understands if there is no invitation. Just take lots of pics so we can admire the beautiful bride and handsome groom and share your joy. Stay safe, watch out for the weather and much love.....your Aunt Jane

06:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer...
You are getting married...not that I hadn't heard from Laura...but could you have shot a sister an email to inform her. I tell ya where is the love. Anyway, congrats!!! Do send pics if we all can't be there to bask in the beauty of it all. Glad to hear all is well and that you are state hoping and loving it. I have been in country 4 months now and my feet are itching to get out...
Well, keep in touch...we travellers must stick together.

13:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home