Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Almost winter

Did you all have a good Thanksgiving? I really enjoyed mine, it was nice to be home. Couldn't eat dessert after the meal, had to wait a couple of hours! There's a first.

Let's see, where have I been lately? The week of Thanksgiving, I was in West Virginia. "Country road, take me home, to the place I belong, West Virginia, mountain momma..."...oh, sorry, got a little of John Denver mixed in there. Spent the time on the western side of the state. Very mountainous, or rather hilly, in my point of view. I can see why they do a lot of coal mining there. But, only in West Virginia do you drive up to the aiport and find cars parked by the terminal with NO drivers in them or police telling them to move on!! Only in West Virginia do you see people entering the wrong restroom at the airport! LOL

The week before Thanksgiving, I spent cruising around the central California valley. I visited Bakersfield, Visalia, Fresno, & Tracy. In times past, you never needed a freeway sign to let you know that Bakersfield was close. All you had to was sniff. The stockyards always gave that place away. They've been trying to improve their image over the past several years. I was fortunate to only have to plug my nose driving past one stockyard. At first, I thought it was a pig farm, the air stank so bad. But once I got up to it, it was nothing but cows. Uggghhhh...I can only imagine what a large pig farm would smell like! Miles and miles of farms. Central valley is called the 'Salad Bowl' of America because of the sheer volume of produce grown there. Chances are, the majority of the produce in your grocery store came from central valley.

Right now, I get to stay home for awhile. Yeeahhhh! :). Wow! Novel thought...staying in one time zone longer than four days. LOL

Jeff & I spent the last couple of weekends looking for a wedding venue. For those of you who want to know, the wedding date is MAY 20, 2007. However, as I've mentioned before, if you do not receive an invitation, no one else did either, so no need to feel slighted. We're going to have a beach wedding, literally on the beach. In order to have some semblance of privacy, we're working on having it on the beach at Monterey Bay Academy, since they own a beach. Anything other place that's reasonable accessible would most likely have more people than I care for. We've revisited many beautiful areas of the Northern and Central California coastline. There're several places that look like so much fun for tidepooling and hanging out.

Can you believe it's December already, or that 2007 is rolling out its welcome mat? Yikes...to where did this year disappear? What will next year hold?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home